Summer holidays spent in the national park is something an America should not miss. U.S national parks have the most beautiful landscape and also plenty of adventurous activities. Each national park has its own unique landscape and wildlife which is worth visiting.
The United States protects over 63 national parks. National parks are for everyone from hikers to stargazing. They even provide activities for children. If you are plan for a one-day trip and you need few days to explore the entire park national park has all the faculties.
Sequoia National Park
The dramatic landscape is located in the southern Sierra Nevada east, Visalia and California are the closest cities to Sequoia. Summer is the busiest time in the park from mid-June to August. The temperature varies depending on elevation typically from the low 50s to the high 70s. The weather in Sequoia is also comfortable for hiking and outdoor activities. You can go for a scenic drive through Summer Drives and Viewpoints.
Sequoia National Park Summer Activities
- Hike to the beauty of Crescent Meadow
- Explore Sequoia’s underground world Crystal Cave
- Hike to the tallest mountain in the lower 48 Mt. Whitney
- Explore the hidden waterfalls of the park
- Granite cliffs and domes in the park provide excellent opportunities for climbers
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
The best times to visit the Great Smoky Mountains are the summer from June through August. Summer is the busiest month of summer, if you want to avoid crowds you can visit the park on weekdays. The climate in summer is hot and humid in the lower region and pleasant and warm in the high region. You can even expect thunderstorms. Summer is the perfect time for white water rafting. Great Smoky also offers plenty of other outdoor summer activities.
Great Smoky Mountains Summer Activities
- White water rafting at Great Smoky
- Biking at Cades Cove
- Go for swimming at Sinks, Wye, and Midnight Hole
- Explore the stunning waterfalls at Great Smoky
- Summer is the perfect time to see the wildlife in the park.
- The park has over 150 Hiking Trails ranging from short to challenging
Great Sand Dunes National Park
Great Sand Dunes National Park is home to the tallest dunes in North America. Nowhere else can you see these majestic dunes. The Great Sand Dunes has many outdoor activities to offer, summer is the best time to experience these activites. Summer in Great Sand Dunes starts from June through August, July is the warmest month at the park, with an average temperature of 80s F. You at least in 3 days to explore the park.
Great Sand Dunes Summer Activities
- Walk on the Dunes
- Sandboarding and Sand Sledding at Great Sand Dunes. You can rent or purchase sandboard at retailers in the San Luis Valley
- Great Sand Dunes is the best place for stargazing
- Hike to the tallest dunes which are over 700 feet tall
- Enjoy the free ranger programs
Zion National Park
Zion has amazing hikes and challenging trails that every hiker would love. In summer the temperatures over 100 degrees, so if you are planning to go out for a hike should stick to the early morning and late evening. July is the best time of year to visit Zion National Park. This is the time when the valley of the park is alive with wildflowers and wildlife, and also when the Virgin River is an oasis in the desert.
Zion National Park Summer Activities
- Horseback Riding one of the best ways to see the beauty of the park
- If you want to try adventurous activities the park offers Zip Lining and Climbing Wall.
- Birdwatching the visitor center has bird checklists.
- If you are a hiker Zion offers many trails ranging from short to challenging
- Go for boating in the Virgin River
- Biking at Pa’rus Trail and Zion Canyon Scenic Drive
Yellowstone national park
Yellowstone National Park in summer is a great time to visit. The perfect weather and the new wildlife make it the perfect time to explore the park. The average temperatures in Yellowstone are in the low 70s, it can get as hot as 85°F in July. Summer is the peak time in Yellowstone if you want to visit the park with fewer crowd weekdays is the perfect time to visit during summer.
Yellowstone Summer Activities
- Fishing one of the most popular activities in Yellowstone
- Whitewater rafting
- The park has zipline course for all age
- Horseback riding in West Yellowstone
- Go for hiking with 900 miles of trails ranging from easy to difficult.
- Biking is the best option to explore Yellowstone in summer.
Acadia National Park
The busiest months in Acadia are from early June through late August. The park gets busy with fully booked hotels, waiting lists at restaurants, crowded parking lots. If you are planning to visit the park in summer make sure to reserve the hotel room before you start the trip. The summer weather is most desirable, enduring chillier temperatures. It is also the perfect time for outdoor activities.
Acadia National Park Summer Activities
- Drive through the park loop road
- Explore the coast
- Acadia is the hot spot for birdwatching 338 bird species
- Rock Climbing
- Fishing is allowed in Acadia you need to have a valid Maine fishing license.
Crater Lake National Park
Summer in Crater Lake means swimming and fishing. One of the beautiful destinations to enjoy your summer holidays. With so many activities to offer Crater Lake, it is an iconic landscape loved by travelers. Summer is the best time to visit Crater Lake from July through September. When the park’s roads, trails, and facilities are fully open.
Crater Lake Summer Activities
- Scenic drive through Crater Lake’s Rim Road.
- Explore the Wizard Island
- Camping at Crater Lake National Park.
- Swimming in the Crater Lake
- Go for hiking the park has more than 90 miles of hiking trails.
- Boating to Wizard Island
- Explore Plaikni Falls