Canyonlands National Park is located in southeastern Utah. Canyonlands covers over 337,598 acres with colorful canyons, mesas, buttes, fins, arches, and spires. Water and gravity have been the architects of sculpting layers of rock into the rugged landscape. The park is divided into four districts Island in the Sky, the Needles, the Maze, and Colorado Rivers that divide them up. It takes hours to travel from one district to another, so most people focus on one area per visit.
The Island in the Sky offers a spectacular view. The Maze is a remote district requiring more time to visit. The Needles offers a backcountry experience. Island in the Sky is the most accessible district in the park, nearest to a major city. The park is one of the world’s great places for off-road adventure
Best time to Visit Canyonlands National Park:
The best time to visit is in spring or fall from April to May and Septembet to October. Summers in Canyonlands are hot, with temperatures exceeding 100°F . Winters can dropping below freezing at night. During spring temperatures are from 60° to 80°F and nights are cool.
Expenses to Visit Canyonlands National Park:
- Private vehicle or non-commercial vehicle with capacity of 15 passager cost $30
- Private motorcycle or non-commercial motorcycle cost $25.
- For bicyclists, hikers, and pedestrians cost $15. Youth the age of 15 and under are free.
- You can purchase annual pass of $55 valid for one year to Canyonlands national parks, Arches, Hovenweep and Natural Bridges national monuments. The pass allows one private, non-commercial vehicle or the pass holder and three persons
- Island in the Sky Campground: The campground has 12 sites with toilets, picnic tables, and fire rings. It cost $15 per night for a tent site.
- The Needles Campground: The campground has 26 individual sites, plus 3 group sites with toilets, picnic tables, and fire rings. It cost $20 per night for a tent site.
- Wooden Shoe Group Site: Campground for 11 to 15 members cost $70, 16 to 20 members cost $90, 21 to 25 campers cost $115
- Split Top Group Site: Campground for 11 to 15 members cost $70.
Things to Do in Canyonlands National Park:
- You can go hiking in Grand View Point it has one of the breathtaking viewpoints. This viewpoint is one of the most popular places in the park.
- Canyonlands National Park is one of the world’s great places for off-road adventure. You can go for a ride on ATV.
- You can go for a short hike in Mesa Arch with is only 0.5miles.
- You can go for short trails in Shafer Canyon Overlook
- Green River Overlook is an amazing viewpoint. You get to see the far view of the Orange Cliff, White Rim Road, and Ekker Butte